With an extensive background in project management, communications and stakeholder relations, Lisa has led Future of London since 2013. She leads on governance, external affairs, facilitation and the Leaders Plus masterclass series; serves as project director on complex programmes; and contributes writing, editing and creative input to ongoing work.
Lisa’s planning and urbanism experience prior to Future of London includes working on business development and projects for best-practice network Sustainable Homes, researching transport mega-projects for UCL’s Omega Centre, and writing a dissertation on retrofitting London’s heritage buildings, as well as a UCL Environment Centre report on Heritage and Climate Change. In the US, she was a county travel council trustee and facilitated county masterplanning sessions; in Canada, she was an active member of Projet Montréal, a sustainability party which governs several boroughs.
Outside the planning/regeneration sector, Lisa has worked at director level for companies and non-profits in Canada, the US, England and Germany, and has delivered complex logistics, film and TV productions, government negotiations and community relations around the world. Projects have ranged from multi-million-pound worldwide expeditions through intercultural training for German systems engineers to engaging Utah ranchers in environmental education.
Named one of The Planner magazine’s Women of Influence, Lisa has an MSc (Dist) in Sustainable Urbanism from UCL’s Bartlett School of Planning and a BA (Hons) in Journalism from Carleton University in Canada.
Selected Publications and Documentaries
- Workspace that Works for the Capital – CTBrief, p. 7
- Delivering Estate Renewal in London (2016) – roundtable facilitator, author/editor
- Inward Investment in London: The borough landscape (2015) – lead author
- Heritage & Climate Change: Protection at any cost? UCL Environment Institute (2011) – lead author
- Character v. Carbon: Retrofitting London’s Heritage Buildings, UCL Bartlett School of Planning (2011)
- Arrival City: A film about starting over at the end of the line (2013 – Project on hold) – Producer/writer
- Global Warming: The Signs and the Science, PBS (2006) – Researcher, co-writer, prod’n manager
- Secrets of the Last Glaciers (2005) – Researcher, production manager